Tuesday, March 24, 2009

career

Mm.. Thank you for the comments and i would like the fully explain what this career is about after i interview a shipping broker:)

First of all, a shipping broker doesn't need to swim or even go anywhere near the sea. Being a broker, all i have to do is to use the computer and exchange information of the shipping industry, for example, which buyer is interested and which ship is available to carry the goods.. Then, shipping brokers can help different parties to cooperate. Basically, communication is very important so shipping brokers normally need to talk a lot on the phone and use msn a lot. In addition, networking for them is also very important. The other reason I like this job is that you get to travel to different places to meet the clients around the world and you can also have high-class because you need to accompany the clients. Because they need to work with clients world-wide, they don’t get to sleep a lot and that’s the part I don’t like about this job.

You might like to ask yourself the following questions:

1) What are some of my strengths?

Maybe is my communication ability because I can easily talk with strangers and I like to talk on the phone a lot.

2) What are some of my weaknesses?

I really need to sleep on time.

3) What are the opportunities available in the short term / long term?

I don’t quite understand the question..

4) How about threats or potential problems that you foresee in this job/industry?

I don’t think there is any because the world is more globalize and there is a great need of transportation of goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment